are those who are against gay marriage only delaying the inevitable?

jramsaran

Asked by jramsaran at 1:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm against abortion and that is still legal.....
    so no, me being against gay marriage is not delaying it. I'm certainly entitled to have an opinion against something even if it is legal.
    Anonymous

• what is inevidable? that gay marriage will become legal? I don't thinks its inevidable. It is possible yes, but not inevidable.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree with annonymous10:38. I feel the same way about this and abortion. Whether either become legal or illegal doesn't change my mind about it.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think people/ states will have to give in- some southern states might be slower to give in- there are so many Gay people and they want to be able to marry too. U can believe its wrong, but it still is going to happen- so what ever the bible says about it- you have the right to blieve what u want and I will belive what I want to- it is not hurting anyone if Gay people do get married. I always thought it was wrong- but then I have 2 relatives who came out and they r not hurting anybody by being gay. Live and let live.
    Anonymous

• I do believe that homosexual marriage is inevitable. Its not a matter of if its going to happen, its a matter of when. There are already states that allow it, and they're only setting the precedent for other states to follow suite, and as more join on, others will follow. So I do believe that its going to happen, regardless of what other people think/do.
    However, people have the right to have their opinions, and as long as they're not trying to keep homosexuals from having their rights, there's nothing wrong with them having, or stating, their opinions. Its saying that someone cannot do something just because someone doesn't agree with it that bothers me - don't agree with it all you like, but others have the right to choose for themselves, and they have their right to marriage and happiness and so forth as well.
    So even though I support homosexual marriages, I support the right of people to not agree with them, if you gwim.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• well if your ok with gay marriage then you better be ok with other types of marriage, like polygamy or bigamy or any thing else because these people are going to want the same rights as every one else and this is a free country.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Agree with precious.Also anon how many is "so many"?? You might be surprised by the actual facts.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think that it is possible that it will be legalized in my lifetime, my attitude about it is not any different because it is illegal in most states as of today. The same goes for other topics, legal or not it is still practiced and it will continue to be practiced regardless of its legality.

Same goes for abortion, prostitution, illegal drug use, I am not suggesting that same sex marriage is in the same category, I think that two people who love each other should be able to marry one another, period but I am saying that even tho these things are considered illegal, they are still practiced.

I also think that love, respect, trust, commitment and monogamy is what really matters when it comes down to people getting married regardless of the gender.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• mrssundin

I'm OK with other type of marriage too. I simply don't care who people love or what they do in their home. You seems to care too much about what others too,are you???Judgemental lady!

Anonymous

• I guess gay marriage is more important then national security/defense and the economy and such.Some people are so obsessed with making themselves feel good and as if they are "enlightened" and superior that they ignore the things that truely are determental to our country.
    Anonymous