Can anyone explain this pain?

He girls,
When I was in labor with my son the contractions were not painful and I just felt the pressure. Then when I decided to move to my left side I felt this sharp stabbing pain pinpointed somewhere around my left ovary. It felt like a knife cutting my bone. The pain was excruciating and continuous, independent of contractions. So far I thought that had something to do with labor and it was just a natural pain. I went to a new chiropractor last week and she said the pain was actually a sprained round ligament. I was probably having a contraction at the same time I move and it sprained the ligament. I was researching about round ligament pain and everyone says even though it is EXTREMELY painful, it goes away after 10 to 20 minutes. Well, mine lasted for 9 hours nonstop, until I finally got the epidural. After the baby was born I didn't feel it anymore. Has anyone felt this or know exactly what it is?

Kaelebsmom

Asked by Kaelebsmom at 1:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could also have been sciatic pain....which is a pinched nerve near your butt cheek...or another pinched nerve. And once the baby was born the pressure on the nerve was released and it went away!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I waas just going to say sciatic...but thats more to the back. its miserable - #2 and #3 love to move so they were right in the spot to pinch it. I still get twinges
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've had (and still have) pinched sciatic nerve before. This pain was more to the side and the front. Beside, it was FAR worse than the worst of my pinched sciatic episodes...
    Kaelebsmom

Answer by Kaelebsmom at 5:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009