Theme

What was the theme to your child's nursery ? I'm thinking Monkeys, boy or girl. MONKEYS ! lol I have been having this weird thing that boy or girl I want to do a jungle theme with mainly monkeys. - But what was your theme ?

dorkish_face

Asked by dorkish_face at 1:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I knew I was having a boy, so our theme was sports because my husband is a coach. But my friend didn't find out, so she did her nursery in Noah's ark. But I think a jungle theme would be cute for both also! Good luck!
    HeatherLeigh

Answer by HeatherLeigh at 2:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• flowers and butterflies
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I like the idea of a monkey or jungle theme. It sounds good for a boy or a girl.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Well...my theme is going to be monkeys for my son due in September. Check it out...go to nurserydepot.com and search jungle123. I fell in love with it! I did a noah's ark theme for my now 6 year old when he was born.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My nursery theme is somewhat eclectic. The bedding is really modern and has silouhettes (sp?) of animals in dark brown with linen background- and not baby looking animals, but like how they look as adults and some really weird ones, too. Ostrich, armadillo, giraffe, horse, crow, rooster, whippet/greyhound, camel, etc.. I picked it out specifically because of the whippet/greyhound as we have two whippets. I'm going to buy prints from Etsy of baby or nursery themed versions of the different animals that are on the bedding and frame them in simple white frames. We're going with brown and white for any rugs, organizational bins, etc, for the room. The wall color is orange - my husband's idea, I would have preferred another color, but I'm okay with the orange. We also have a lot of old things that were in his family. Like our rocker was his mom's grandma's and we have baby blankets from when we were babies.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009