Any suggestions?

We are going on vacation to Key Largo this summer and the house we are staying at does not offer a crib for my 17 month old. I think he's too big for the pack-n-play and he definitely won't sleep in the bed with us. Any ideas about something I could buy or suggestions about sleeping arrangements? Thanks so much!

HeatherLeigh

Asked by HeatherLeigh at 1:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He should still fit in his pack n play--Your going to have to get a room with a pull out bed from a sofa. Sofa bed.
    Anonymous

• Sleeping bag for little kids- or those nap matts.
    Anonymous

• I guess should emphasize that he's 17 months old. If he's not "contained" he will get up and run around and not go to sleep.
    HeatherLeigh

Answer by HeatherLeigh at 2:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• This will sound terrible, but we did this once. We happen to have one of the those playyard that are just the interconnected plastic gates. We set one of those around a nap mat one night when my daughter was sick and she had made a mess of her sheets and the vinyl mattress cover. It worked, she was able to sleep, and she didn't have the opportunity to run around.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• At 17 months the pack n play should work fine. I cant imagine it not being big enough for your son. My daughter was 32in and 32lbs at 17 months (just a month ago) and was using the pack n play as a nap time bed on the weekends. My husband worked graveyard on weekends and her crib was in our room so I would have her take her naps in the pack n play. I just made sure she was already asleep before putting her in it, but I do that all the time anyway, even with her crib.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree that he's not too old for a pack n play. My son's 22 months and I would definitely use it for travel! He's the same way.... he needs containment and really can't sleep unless he's in a crib.
    Anonymous

• I think a pack n play is perfect. My son is 2 & my in-laws still use it for his naps. They watch him during the day & they have a shop that they own. The pack n play is in the back, they have blankets for a little cushion & he goes right to sleep. My son needs the containment or else he would be all over the place.
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009