Do you wake your baby to nurse during the day?

I would never wake her up at night but what about during the day? She is 5wks old. How long is to long to let her sleep in the day time?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 3 weeks and I have only woken her once to eat and that was because it had been 5 hours...she is healthy and gaining weight so I don't wake her unless it's been 5+ hours...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I always let my daughter sleep. Actually no that isn't true, afew times in the beginning I woke her because I was scared that she was sleeping 5+ hours.
    My Dr. told me to let her sleep, she will wake when she is hungry.
    Enjoy those long naps now, rest up, in afew weeks that is all over lol.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Nope. I let my baby sleep as long as she wants. Only way I'll wake her up is if she's not nursing enough total during the day, or if it's interfering with her sleeping at night.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• newborn babies sleep a lot. I never woke my daughter up. sometimes she would sleep for more than 5 or 6 hours(but she had her days and nights confused). i agree with bambif My dr said the same thing she will wake up when she needs something. she is 4 months now is gaining perfectly.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 3:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• at first I did, but then my family told me not to because i was getting so exausted that all i wanted to do was sleep. So I stoped and the day I stoped was the day he started only waking up once during the night to feed and that was around 3 am, so i had gotten a LOT more sleep.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The only time I did that was in the first few days when my baby was home. After that I stopped. Let a sleeping baby sleep :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my son never slept for hours but i still dont think i would wake him to eat. he will wake up when hes hungry
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2009