Is it possible?

Ok, I've been seeing this guy for about 4 months now, on and off. He lives over an hour away so we don't get to see each other very often, but we do talk on the phone at least twice a week. I met him before I moved out (my husband and I are separated, we had been sleeping in different rooms for months before I met him, I just couldn't afford to get out on my own). Here is the problem, when I knew I was leaving my husband I was looking forward to getting out and dating again, and just having fun, then I met him, and I swear from the first night I met him I think I fell in love, I haven't felt this way in years. Am I crazy? He's made it clear he doesn't want anything serious right now, and I'm going to respect that. Should I move on? I know I deserve a relationship, but I honest to God think I love this man, it hurts so bad being without him...what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I personally think you should get some time to yourself and see what else is out there before jumping into something right away. And the fact that he says he's not looking for something serious is kind of a bad sign. You might be ok with that now, but what happens when thats not enough any more? Start dating again and it'll take your mind off of him.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Thanks, I wish I knew where to meet someone nice, it seems like everyone has someone except for me, but I've never been "lucky in love" so to speak.
    Anonymous

• I think you need to get the divorce first because technically you are still married..seperation dont mean squat.......,and then take it slow, this guy may not be that serious about you .....he may be the one and he may just be rebound guy/ or you may be rebound girl for him....you just never know.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 2:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Get done with your marriage and deal with the fall out from that first. Even though you and your husband were sleeping in different rooms and are now separated it's still an emotional time for you and it's probably not a good idea to be getting serious about another guy right now. Maybe what you're feeling is just a very strong infatuation because you're free and he's the first guy to show an interest in you.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 2:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Get a divorce, and give yourself time to heal. Then think about relationships.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Get divorced first and foremost. The fact that he says he doesn't want anything serious tells me that you should not set your hopes on him. Personally, I found taking some time for myself after my divorce was hugely helpful. I was briefly involved in a mostly physical relationship with a friend after my divorce, but he also wasn't looking for serious. That was ok, then, b/c neither was I. Now, it's been 6 yrs and I am now seeing someone (also long distance -600 miles) and we're not super serious yet but we're working on it. The time with just me and my kids has made a huge difference to this relationship - I know I can take care of me and my kids with or without him, I am confident that it is HIM I want and not just someone I can call my "boyfriend", and I know he's not taking advantage of me being confused, vulnerable, and unsure of myself. Take that extra time, date around if you want, but don't go for serious right away.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009