Do you think 666 is the mark of the Beast?

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yep
    Anonymous

• I'll tell you why I'm asking after I get a few answers.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• No, it's the mark of Emperor Nero, always was. But The Omen is an awesome movie (the original, haven't bothered with the remake)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Interesting perspective not panicking. However, the Bible says,in Revelation 13:16-18, says He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor,free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast,for it is man's number. His number is 666. The number is linked to the Anti-Christ, regardless of what it may have at one time meant.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The number 666 is to be calculated, they are actually symbols to represent what John actually saw. It says Calculate the number which means its not the actualy number of the beast.
    Stvmen , a couple months ago after listened to a known preacher on this I went and read the website of what came up. I believe the answer is right and makes a whole lot more sense biblically than most of the stuff ppl come up with. The world will spit at us but those who find the mystery will be more prepared than those that dont.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• the number of his name is the key which means 666 is not the name of the beast but when calculated you will find his name. When I read this my mouth hit the floor and I said Of course!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• the number 666 is actually the POPE...so yes, I think it is...
    Anonymous

• You are right Shaneagle! Our pastor taught our class yesterday, regular teacher was at a Perry Stone conference, and this is what we talked about. As he said, no one knows exactly what the mark will be. We just know it's not something we want to take. And, as you said, it makes so much sense,when you sit down and look at it logically.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Nope.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You realize pretty much every Christian scholar on the planet disagrees with you?

http://www.bsw.org/project/biblica/bibl85/Bib85Comm12.pdf

http://jnt.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/30/2/205

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009