Do you ever...?

Do you ever let your child ride in a car without being in a carseat? I have seen so many little ones not in carseats latley. I have an 18 month daughter and I would NEVER let her ride without a carseat. What are your thoughts on the subject? Would you or do you ever let your LO ride without a carseat? And if you do WHY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids and I walked to church the other day. My dad was there and he has car seats for my kids in the car. We were leaving and it was storming. He had the seats for the older ones, but not the baby. She rode in my lap. I am not saying it was right, but I was not going to walk home in the storm with my baby. Bash away, but until you're in the situation....

Anonymous

• Never....I always wear my seatbelt even if I'm just moving my car so I would never let my ds ride without being in his seat. I would have a nervous break down.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i can relate i have seen it quite a few time and somtime they have them in the font seat on someone's lap ...no seatbelt at all...what wrong with them..
    amiyamom

Answer by amiyamom at 2:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've let my son ride without a seat belt in the truck around the yard, just doing yard work. NEVER EVER has he gone without a car seat off our property, though.
    Anonymous

• The only time I did was when we absolutely had no choice. I had been kicked out of the house, middle of winter, no money and no car keys.
    Anonymous

• Nope, I would NEVER have my son out of his car seat in the car. That happens a lot here too & it's sad. There are also cases where the parents put their kids in car seats, but they unbuckle it & get out. But then again there, wouldn't you be able to see your child moving around?
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• never. even if it's just 1 minutes, 1 minute is all it takes to get in an accident.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 5:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• never
    mommyto3bees

Answer by mommyto3bees at 5:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Nope
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I drove home the other night and when I got home I took DD out of her carseat. As soon as I opened the door I realized I had forgotten to buckle her straps.

She's 19 months and I've never done that before. I almost had a heart attack :(
    Anonymous