• In the Spotlight:

Siatic (sp?) pain

I am 31 weeks and over the weekend the pain in my lower back has become just shy of unbearable. It's hard to walk, I can't sit OR stand for too long, I can't bend over, and my legs are intermittently going numb. I know I can't use a heat pad and Tylenol is about it for pain... does anyone know anything else I can try to ease the pain in my siatic nerve? Or will this ease up on it's own? I can't imagine going through another 9 weeks like this...

Koukla12905

Asked by Koukla12905 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this early on in pregnancy and they perscribed me hydrocodone. Knocked the pain right out.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• you can get on all fours and try to move the baby that way or just try and push em a little till they move i have it too the all fours works a little my chiropractor told me to squat so you can try those hope it works for you
    Anonymous

• i used to get on all fours and literally jsut watch tv like that...you can try propping a pillow to ease the pain...otherwise, hang in there, it will let up after baby comes out.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would try going to a chiropractor. Yes it is perfectly safe while pregnant just make sure they can treat you. A lot of them have special tables for pregnant women. I had that problem when I was pregnant with my second child. Good luck.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 2:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i loved my chiropractor when i was expecting!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wonder if physical therapy would help. They could teach exercises to strengthen muscles that support the joints, and they would also use massage and heat.

Answer by Bmat at 3:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009