how would you handle things

my ddand i live in one state andher father live in another.how often would you expect him to come down and how much would you expect him to give to you a month for her .what would be your rules and regulsations

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• take it to court. let them decide
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My X lives 1200 miles from our daughter.

I took him to court for childsupport. I told him what I wanted in the begining for support and he said it was too high, so the courts decided.

My DD sees her dad around 5 times per year.
    He will fly here maybe 2 times per year and together they fly back to his house.

The other times he sees her. He comes to our state and visits her, he stays at his friends house while he is here.

Sometimes it is for 2 days sometimes it is for 1 week.

What ever it is.....It is NEVER enough time spent with her.

We have been doing this since she was 18 months old, she is now 5.

It is nothing but a heartace for my daughter....I have begged her father to move to our state....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would expect him to see his child at least one weekend a month. For me I couldnt even imagine going one day without seeing my child but it is hard when you live in another state I understand. For the second part of your question I think you are asking about child support correct? I think you should at least get $500-$600 a month but it also just depends on how old the child is and how much it cost for her school or child care etc. As far as rules go that's for you to decide what you prefer. If you are the custodial parent and the main care taker of her then you decide what you want/what you feel is best for your child. Good luck to you and your child.
    joshbellamom

Answer by joshbellamom at 2:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• How old is she and how close are you to each other? My mom and dad were divorced before I could remember. My mom and I lived in AR and my dad lives in PA. I started flying out to visit him on my own when I was 6. I started out spending 3 weeks each summer and then started staying the entire summer. That would be the only time I saw him during the year. I probably could have gone there for Christmas if I had really wanted to. Before I was 6 I think I probably saw him about once or twice a year. My mom would take me up there and she would stay with my grand parents or he would come down and see me. If he only lives a few hours away I would think one weekend or two a month would be good and then a couple weeks over the summer. I guess it all depends on how well the two of you can come to an agreement without the court, otherwise you should go that route.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• she's almost one and he see's her 1 weekend out of each month and pay me not that much for her.
    Anonymous