Would You be offended if someon brought coloring books and crayons as a birthday present?

My lil boy got invited to bday party for another 2 yr old.. we cannot afford alot right now but i do want to bring something.. we know the family but are not super close... i was wondering fi anyone thinks its rudeto bring a couple coloring books and a pack of crayons as a gift .. i personally wouldnt be offened and my lil guy loves to color but i dont want to be rude.. if i could get some other suggestions but i really cant spend alot

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like a delightful gift! The child will enjoy it greatly.

Answer by Bmat at 2:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i would get that as a gift.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Sure that sounds fine. My neice got coloring books and crayons for her 2nd Bday and had a ball with them.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Just make sure you get the big crayons for the little hands.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 2:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• No, those are great gifts for kids.
    Anonymous

• you should get it .it's about what the child like not the parent.kids love to color he/she would enjoy that more than he would enjoy an outfit or a pair of sneakers
    amiyamom

Answer by amiyamom at 2:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think that's a perfect gift when money's tight. I wouldn't be offended at all if someone gave my child that! It's a childhood staple you can never have to many of!
    Anonymous

• I think it's a totally appropriate gift! Maybe you could even "step it up a bit" and find some of the new Crayola "Color Explosion" Black Art kits, or "Magic Colors" marker kits (color appears only on special crayola paper!) on SALE?! My sons LOVED the ABC and shapes and colors versions when they were 2-3 years old.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think it's very thoughtful of you! I agree with the big crayons-- harder to break and more fun for little hands.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't ever expect my guess to bring presents in the first place, but not everyone is like me. I'm sure this child would love to color though, its a good gift :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009