Can you get a tattoo when you are nursing?

Im planning on nursing this baby when he comes (didnt work out wth my first son but im tryin again) does anyone know if you can get a tattoo when nursing?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't recommend it because of the risk of infection.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yeah as long as you watch them take the needle out of a brand new package. If it is sterile there is no reason you can't get one, but be careful of where you get it because your body will change shape and the tattoo will look different!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You cannot GIVE BLOOD in most states for a year after getting a tatoo because there is a risk of disease transmission. So to be safe I would not get a tatoo while breast feeding.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i would wait cause the ink does get into your blood supply and may transfer in to your milk
    Anonymous

• There is a sticky in the breastfeeding moms group where you can find allllllll sorts of info about this.

I see no problem with it, as long as the needle is taken straight from an unopened sterile package. Make sure you go to a reputable tattoo parlour.

And as far as the tattoo changing shape--I looked into this once upon a time, and while the tattoo may stretch a small amount during pregnancy, usually it returns to normal size afterwards. On the rare occasion, a tattoo will stay stretched out.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009