Have you ever boiled corn on the cob?

How long do you boil it for?

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• For a really good treat, you can "par-boil" them by dropping them into boiling salted water for just few min. then drain, THEN melt butter in a non stick skillet and cook 1-2 pieces of corn at a time till it is lightly browned. I like to do this on a Friday nite for a special treat. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It seems like you boil them for 45-60 minutes. I just check them periodically until they are soft.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I use to do it like that all the time. About 5- 10 minutes if you are dropping it into boiling water and covering the corn with the boiling water. These days, though, I only microwave it. I wrap an ear or two in a paper towel and nuke for about 2-3 minutes.

Answer by Bmat at 2:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil. Salt to water after boil begins. Drop in ears of corn that have been shucked with silk removed and end trimmed. Be careful and add one at a time. I boil between 10-20 mins depending on number and sizes of ears. Pierce with a fork until desired tenderness is reached. I usually have a small amount of 'buttered pepper' radyI removed them to a cookie rack to drain briefly, spread butter over all then place in a dish covered with foil. They will continue to cook a bit so do not over boil.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I put them in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• holy cow!! I like mine tender crisp. i bring the water to a boil and then add salt then the corn and MAYBE 5 minutes TOPS!!! I prefere to microwave them 2 minutes and ear in the last husk or grill for the best flaver!
    http://www.howtocookcornonthecob.com/
    try this link
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• yeah I micro mine too..it has more flavor that way...wet a papertowel and nuke for 2 min, 2 peices at a time...it saves time unless your making tons.
    Anonymous

• If I boil them I put them in a large pot of boiling water, with a little bit of sugar, for about 10-15 minutes. BUT, I found those microwave steamer bags work really great, you can fit 3-4 ears in one of the larger bags and 4-5 minutes later DONE.....and you can add butter to the bag so they already have a wonderful buttery taste!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009