Why did I think once they turned 3, it was all down hill????

My DD is 3.5 and has always been such an angel. For the past couple weeks, she has drove me crazy. I am a SAHM and she has gotten on my nerves so bad that i wonder if I need to get a job. If she does something wrong and we tell her not to do that she gets upset and cries and she just whines about everything. What can I do to get my angel back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Seriously, time to look into preschool for the fall, where she'll learn how to be patient, wait her turn, share, along with her letters, shapes and numbers! It starts to go "down hill" once they are in full day school....then, of course, there are plenty of new challenges, but the "whiny" phase slows down...but then you get to look forward to the pre-teen, tween and teen years! yippee!
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the advice but I started her in preschool last year and she will go back in the Fall. For the Summer, she is in gymnastics and goes to a summer day camp one morning a week. Any other suggestions?????
    Anonymous

• Shes still a young child. I think all children end up going through a stage where they dont listen or whine a lot or something like that. They dont all go through it at the same time or do the same things but I think they all go through it. My DD at 17 mo already has her tantrum moments (classic terrible two tantrums too) but I just have to have patience w/ her. I try to redirect her into another activitie & then if she dosent go for that talk to her calmly at her eye level. I explain that I can not understand her & that she needs to calm down. If this dosent calm her down I put her in her playroom & go do something else telling her that when she decides to calm down I will help her with what she needs/wants. Shes still young so she dosent really understand the whole explaining things out but I am practiceing for when she does!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• 3 is the worst age (well, until the hormones kick in around 9)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009