No tanks for boys!!

Over the weekend I went to Target to do some shopping. When I go to Target allot I took a quick stroll through the clothing department. My five year old recently got a bunch of shorts from his cousin, but he didn't get any tank tops. Well to get to the boys clothing I had to walk by the girls then go around the corner to get to the boys. For the girls there was all kinds of tanks! But when I got to the boys department there were none! Okay there was like two jersey type tanks, but they were like ten buck each, and I was looking for a couple of tanks that were like three or four dollars...

Which then made me realize what a difference there is in boys and girls as far as clothing goes. In the girls area there was plenty of cloths, but in the boys there was very minimal. I guess I never had to deal with the lack of boys clothes selection in a while...

Where do moms of boys shop for summer clothes that's not incredi

mommyaunt412

Asked by mommyaunt412 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I didn't know boys wore tank tops!
    Anonymous

• walmart has a bunch. try looking there.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I know boys don't have alot to choose from ut i did find tak iefive of them at target last time i went, weird sometimes walmart has them
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My two year old wears tanks. I got mine at JC Penney. If they aren't on sale, they are more than four dollars, though.
    Try K-Mart or Walmart. If you don't mind used, try a consignment store. A lot of very clean, nice clothes are there for boys.

I agree boys don't have as much to choose from. Girls clothing departments are almost always twice as large and a "sea" of pink!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Try Ross or TJ maxx.... they have alot of cute boys stuff for cheap.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Children's Place has them. My mil works there and I think she mentioned that they are having a monster sale again soon, if not right now, so most likely they will be on sale.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've seen sleeveless at wal-mart,but the only tanks I've seen there are toddler sized
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I got my son a bunch from the underwear department. I also got lucky a few years ago and found a bunch of cotton tanks and sleeveless shirts on sale after summer at Kmart I think and stocked up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i get my boys underwear tank tops,they love them.
    they come in packs of 2 or 3.pretty reasonable.
    chelle3pa

Answer by chelle3pa at 11:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• childrensplace.com. They have the best deals for everyone.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2009