When did you realize that you were a grown up?

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• When I realized the difference between FRIENDS and PEOPLE YOU HANG OUT WITH.

That was a big lesson for me because I always had a lot of "acquaintences" and was never far from a party. Then when something bad happened, I realized what it truly means to be a FRIEND. Just hanging out with people is not the same kind of fun that it used to be.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When I didnt have that much spending money anymore. lol
    joshbellamom

Answer by joshbellamom at 2:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When store security stopped following me.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When someone I knew or did not know....died..

and it really affected me badly..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• when i was 17 and pregnant . i grew up fast
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The day my son was born. I had been preparing the nine months before, but that was just growing up.

Now, I am a grown up at 19 and am expecting my next little one in December. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• when seein a girl who acted like i did at that age and i responded the same way "grown ups" did to me when i acted that way. not very kindly or forgiving
    Anonymous

• When i became bored with old drama, the same people werent interesting me, and i had my own set of bills to pay and goals to reach. After becoming completely independant, and having others depend on me, it causes you to change.....witnessing death does the same...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When I moved out, had my own place and was paying my own bills with no help from anyone. This was before I become a mother or a wife.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• it actually didn't really really hit til i turned 25, i realized i had 2 car payments, a 2 yr old (knew i was a grown up and had acted like one but didn't feel like one yet), was paying a mortgage and had a real job, all that hit me then.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009