Stupid food stamp office

Ok so this post is not really about food stamps but I really need some help so since you have already looked please read and reaspond if you can help.

My dh found a kitten that had been abandoned by it momma. He brought it home and the poor thing is one the verge of death.She barley holds her head up and wont eat anything. I have been using a med. droper to feed her some milk but I was wondering if baby formula would be better for her. Any other advice is welcome.

lovemybabys1106

Asked by lovemybabys1106 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pets

• kmr wich is kitten milk replacer is the best thing to use...if the kitten is really little ur going to have to help it pee and poop...u do this by taking a soft cloth and rubbing his privates...he needs to be fed and pottied every 2 hrs...if he's like a newborn kitten...if he's older then i still would use the kmr and get some canned evaporated milk and soak some hard food in it intill its soft and buy some canned food and make this avalable all day long to him.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• They make special kitten formula. You can get it at most per stores. Good luck!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Can you afford a vet visit? I would take her if you can afford it - just to make sure that there isn't something serious wrong with her that might need medical treatment. Also, I've been told that milk is actually very bad for cats, and if that's true, then that could be why she's not getting better. If you can't afford the vet visit, maybe you can call one and maybe they can give you some advice over the phone. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Cow's milk is NOT good for cats, esp kittens. PLEASE take this animal to a vet to either be treated or humanly put down. It obviously needs medical attention of some kind. It could have any number of medical issues including parasites that you or your family can absolutely catch. If you can't afford the proper treatment, then please surrender it to the local shelter. To continue to try to "treat" it on your own will only prolong it's suffering.

Please. Either get it medical attention or get it to someone who can afford to.
    Anonymous

• they have kitten formula an lil bottles in animal section at walmart
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• They actually have kitten formula in the pet section of walmart, lol, as I see others have already pointed out.
    =)
    If you do get the formula and still have trouble getting the poor thing to eat I would take it to a vet (if you can afford it) as soon as you can. It could be something very simple that could be causing a problem for it. My guess is, though, that the kitten won't take the milk because its not good for it. I know our puppy had a hard time adjusting to a different kind of food (something as simple as switching brands can upset an animal), so that very well may be the reason. I hope it is, poor thing!
    Best of luck!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you're short on cash there is an alternative

kitten glop

ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• We always give our kittens a little of baby formula as a treat. And most cats are lactose intolerant so cows milk actually isn't good for them but a lot of people don't know that. I would give it baby formula until I could get to the store for the kittens milk.... GOOD LUCK! I hope the kitty makes it and thank you for trying to save it! The world needs more good samaritans.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 7:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Depending on how old the kitten is you can give pedilite with a medicine dropper. My kitten had issues and stopped eating. Our vet told us to give as much pedilite as I could get down the her to keep her from dehydrating (a dropper full every couple hours). With in a couple of days I was feeding her 2nd stage ground meat baby food. It took her a week of this before getting better. Good Luck!

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 11:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• kitten formula! Milk is not good for them at all. Go to your local pet store and get one. If there arent any stores open then check with an emergency animal hospital in your area, they are usually open 24 hours. Good luck,
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009