How much did your pool cost?

I mean an installed pool? How big is it and was it worth the price you paid for it? Is it above ground or in ground (I am looking at both right now) and what extras did you end up buying that you didn't expect that drove up your price maybe. Those kinds of things.

I am just trying to get an idea of about how much they are. My Dh is trying to convince our kids to wait until next year and get a "real" pool (for lack of a better term) with his bonus check, then a pool from Wal-Mart this year. My kids are 10 and 14, if that is relevant. Thanks, ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, I can honestly give you a professional answer to the above ground pool portion of your question. I manage the office of a pool installer. We paid about 2 grand in parts for a pool that is 21' across, and 52" high. Our installation of the pool was free because of where I work, had I had to pay for installation, it would have been $750.00 extra.

The extra's I got were a light that goes in the ladder, an automatic chemical feeder, an automatic vacume, and a light that goes into the return of the pool...where the clean water comes back into the pool. We both grew up with pools, so we knew we wanted one as soon as we bought our house. We love it. We have 5 kids that love it too. We would have liked the 24' pool but didn't have the yard space. Ingrounds are 10's of thousands of dollars. We had the Walmart pool 2 yrs in a row, it was nice, hard to keep clean compared to the permanent pool though.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't waste my money on another above ground. We're putting in an in ground next year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2009