is she pregnant

well my sister is convinced that she is pregnant. i really dont think she is. long story really short. she took a test at like 10pm came out negative. dad looks at the test at 2am still negtive. she looks at the test at 8am and its positive. well is she pregnant or not please help!!! thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It usually is visible within the first few min. of taking it. I would retake it! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• No. It's an evap line. That's why there's a time limit. (Like read within 3 minutes.) Any line seen after that time limit is not a positive. She needs to retest with morning urine to make sure, but either she's testing too early and she is or she's not at all.
    Anonymous

• tests are only accurate if you read them with 3 minutes (i think...it might be 4 or 5. it says on the instructions) after that they're useless.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• have her go see a doctor and have a blood test done they can find out better that way. or take another one. has she had any symptoms?
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When I took the pregnancy test and it came out positive, I immediately went online and looked up how often you get false positives (I was TTC and didn't want to get my hopes up and I really wasn't expecting a positive) and one of the things it said that could be a false positive was waiting too long to look at the results. That after so long a time, it will change to positive. At least some of the tests, so to me, it doesn't sound like she is. Still possible, though, since you can have false negatives.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO TRUST RESULTS AFTER AN HOUR I THINK
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• After ten minutes the results are wrong! Have her buy a test that has two sticks in it and take it again!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009