Obsession with twins

I'm not sure what is wrong with me, I have an obsession with twins. Next time I get pregnant I want to have twins so bad...
I keep telling myself "you need to be happy with one healthy baby some people don't even get that"
I don't know why, plz don't hate.
I just love the idea of having twins, I dream about it all the time. (Yes I know it would be double work but it would be double the joy too right?)
Anyone else have this obsession? Maybe mine is like some obsessions over wanting a boy or girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I first found out I was pregnant I kept having dreams that I was having twins and I was actually pretty excited thinking that I was. I wasn't dissapointed that there was only one, but every time I see little infant twins I kinda sigh a little...
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I always thought having twins would be cool but after being 7 1/2 months pregnant with 1, I have decided that 1 at a time is enough for me! Twins are hard to conceieve unless they run in your family so I wouldn't get your hopes up about it. I would just say to be happy with whatever God gives you.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you conceive while breastfeeding the chances of having twins increases drastically.

Just so you know. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have twins and yes, it can be double the fun but it also can be double the stress and work.

Be honest with yourself, can you afford double of everything? Can you afford the IV to make multiples more possible?

I had my twins w/out IV. And my husband is part of a set of triplets :)
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 3:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Also having twins CAN create health problems for you and/or babies. I was pretty lucky to be able to carry them 36 weeks and have them be over 5lbs at birth.

I would suggest talking to your doctor about your health and preg. history and make sure having multiples would be a good idea in your case. Everyone is different.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 3:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009