I have no clue what to do help me!

My house was built in 1967 so every single room (including kitchen and living room) are closed of by doors basically. We are expecting our second baby so my hubby and I are going to have to move in to the "bonus/computer/2nd living room" and make it our bedroom which its closed off by a door so it passes for a bedroom except for one HUGE problem, Our front door is in that room! What can I do to make this look ok I was thinking making like a "make shift" hallway and put up a room divider type deal...I dunno PLEASE help me! ANY ideas would be great! thanks!

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 3:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• those divider things are great, you could probably get two of them since most of them are only three sections big. you could also just use your backdoor as the main entrance.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Wow. Umm...maybe you could get those little dressing curtains you used to see in all the old movies and make kind of a hallway with them? Or you could put up a wire or string or something and drape a cloth or blanket over it to make a hallway. I don't know. lol! That's all I can come up with.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Why do you have to relocate your bedroom? Can't your new baby stay in your current bedroom in a bassinet/crib for say their first year, and then move him/her into your older child's room--eventually getting bunk beds for that room?

Do you have a basement? Is it or could it be finished, to make a "large master suite" which could, years later become the "childrens suite" of sorts! A friend of mine finished their basement for their two oldest children...giving them each their own bedrooms, and a large common area with a TV/computer, couches, beanbag chairs, game tables, etc., and there was even a walk out exit which lead to the backyard and a covered patio area...SO cool for young teenagers!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would look at putting a temp wall up, 2x4 wall stand it up and nail a few nails top and bottom, sheet rock the "new entrance" and use the other side as a closet... don't forget to cover your windows with a nice "black out" curtain... you could always take the wall down should you want to sell, you would only need to plug a few holes in the ceiling... (can you tell I have done this :-)
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 5:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009