Has anyone ever had a ganglion cyst?

My dad says I have one and told me to push on it often during the day until it goes away. But it's been two weeks and it's not going away and it's making my whole arm hurt! Has anyone had one? Did you have to have surgery or what did you do? Here is a picture of what it looks like.
http://madeinrichmond.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/398px-ganglion-cyst.jpg

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 3:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• Do they ever go away???
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have them in both my wrists from surgery. I would never press on them. there is not much you can do. I leave mine alone and they usually don't bother me. If one of my kids squeezes my wrist for some reason it will hurt but other than that i forget that they are there.
    Tree-Tree

Answer by Tree-Tree at 3:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I had one on the back of my hand years ago.

Yes it did go away although I'm not sure if it was by chance or if I accidentally burst it.  A doctor once told me to hit it with a big book.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I get them in one of my wrists. Mine will hurt but have always burst on their own. I heard my wrist pop one day when i was doing something and TADA! It went away.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009