The Show "Pregnant at 16"

Who likes it? Who watches it but doesn't like it? When I first saw it my first thoughts were, "oh great another way to promote teen pregnancy". As I watched the show I realized that it's not really promoting teen pregnancy at all. The first show I saw was last week, the redhead with the baby boy. As I sat there watching the two teen parents fighting over whose turn it was to care for the baby when the baby was screaming and crying my heart really broke.
Do you think this shows promotes teen pregnancy? Do you think this show makes all teen parents look bad? What's your take?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• Oh. My. God. I just saw the first episode (the one to which you a re referring) and I totally wanted to slap them both. Her for sticking with him and him for being a douche. Haven't these kids ever heard of birth control???
    vgmomof2grtkds

Answer by vgmomof2grtkds at 12:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't think it promotes teen pregnancy, but I can't watch it. It upsets me. I had my soon at 24 and that was still difficult. And these couples are never going to make it together. I just wanted to slap those kids on the episode you were talking about. lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think it was made to try and show kids how hard it is to raise a family. I saw that episode and that man of hers didn't want to help with that baby at all did he!?! sheesh Some men(and women) need to be smacked
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't think it promotes teen pregnancy, but it does make me want to punch people at times... and when I get that annoyed I change the channel, which means I've never seen an entire episode. I try to watch, but wanting to punch people is not a reaction i look for from a tv show
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i think it is a stupid idea . because no it may not promote teen pregnancy but how many stupid teens now are gonna be like omg i wanna be on MTV lets get pregnant .
    Anonymous

• You have to understand though. She is only 16, she is in probably her first serious relationship and she thinks that she is in love. At 16 she doesn't have the world knowledge, the understanding, or the respect for herself to walk away from a jerk like him. I don't think the show is promoting teen pregnancy. I think it is showing the reality of teen pregnancy. Peole don't seem to know how big a problem it really is and teens have NO CLUE how hard it is to raise a child. However, I do worry about the naive reactions that some young men and women will have to the show if it becomes popular. Teens are unpredictable.
    Tybaby07

Answer by Tybaby07 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2009