Has anyone tried Belly Bands?

I'm starting to get to that point where my suits are getting tight and I don't want to have to spend money on new pants every month. Has anyone here worn Belly Bands or Tummy Sleeves and did they work?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I loved mine but I got mine a little too big, I'd get a smaller size next time.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I know alot of people love them, but it didn't work for me. I got the one from Motherhood Maternity and I don't think it was tight enough. My zipper would still unzip all the way down when I bent over. Just switch to maternity pants. They are so awesome, and so comfortable. You'll wonder why women don't wear them all the time.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes I have tried the Belly Band and it worked great! I used it until I was about 4 1/2 month pg, and then my tummy was too big for them, but until then they worked great! You can keep your pants unbuttoned and the band will keep them from falling down and no one can see that your pants are undone. The only negative I experienced was that you do have to readjust it several times throughout the day depending on how much movement you are doing, but it was well worth it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I tried some on at the store I am definately going to buy one when I actually have money LOL. I hate maternity pants.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I love mine. I'm wearing mine right now actually. It's the only way I can wear my clothes during the transitioning period. I am not showing enough to buy maternity clothes but my shorts are too tight. I have the Bella Band, you can get at JCPenny's for $24.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yup! I love it and got it from Target
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i got mine from target it was 16 dollars i dont really have to use it even tho im showing im 6 months but my pants still fit but i still use it for certain pants
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes they work!!! I use them just get a flexable one its usually spandex, i bought mine at target. get your size.. and then when you want to wear jeans dont button the pants just put the spandex over the jeans... and it works.. Iam 19 weeks today!! yeah it can be expensive..
    NewMomToBe84

Answer by NewMomToBe84 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• the ones from Motherhood work really well.. they come in a one size fitts all there.. I like them, but one of the ladies above mentioned that it depends on how much moving you do throughout the day and she is right.. you do have to re-adjust alot.. but they do save you in the long run.. and I intend to wear them for the post partum (light) compression.. good luck!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 12:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Mine is too big still. I even got the size small. I need to go back and get the smaller one. Grr. But everyone I know swears by them.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 10:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009