do all kids go through this not wanting to listen stage?

i have 2 boys 5 and 7 and they have become terrors my husband works first shift and works long hours so its me with the boys and to get them to clean their room or to listen to me in general is unheard of. im at my witts end, i tried grounding, taking way toys, time outs. my husband has sat them down and told them that they need to listen to me and behave better when he is at work. and yet they still act up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe use a rewards system for picking up or listening. My DD is only 17 mo so I do not have experience w/ this just yet but it may work for ur family. Nanny 911 is also a good show if u get CMT & sometimes they have helpful hints for dealing w/ kids that are out of control (not to say urs are completely out of control like these kids on the show) Good Luck :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Maybe have their father talk to them and tell them you will tell him if they don't listen all day and they will have him to deal with when he gets home?
    Worked for us when we were kids!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009