• In the Spotlight:

WARNING TMI! I'm 16 weeks and 3 days pregnant.....what is this and how to make it better?

I have a feeling that it is Hemmoroids (mond my spelling please). Well I had to be put on Stool Softner for obvious reasons, before I noticed it was hurt if my pee stream hit certain places...so I thought maybe I am get a sore or heat rash. It's gotten worse.. when I go to pee I lean forward so it doesn't hit t well I still wipe everything and it hurts to wipe my buttox and sometimes there is specks of blood. When I do a bowel movement...it hurts to wipre even though I am a clean freak and I wipe exclusively, everything ends up clean. What could this be, what do I do, what should I do? It hurts a lot, please help me!!!! No bashing please I am scared and in pain! Sometimes hurts to sit. I am scared to have a bowel movement. I still do, but I shouldn't be sacred about it!!!!!!!! Help me please! I'm 19, my birthday was the 12th of June. (Just in case you needed my age for some reason)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I meant ( mond
    Anonymous

• Buy some Preparation H wipes and use those just for on your butt not the vag. That has always helped me and my son who is constantly constipated. Are the stool softeners working?
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 3:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yepp it is probably hemmoroids. Welcome to the loveliness that is pregnancy! Haha I would ask your doctor if there are any topical medications or wipes you can use to help ease the pain and help get rid of them. My mom had a certain brand of wipes she used and I think she really liked them. Just ask your doc because I'm not sure what he/she will say is safe during pregnancy. Don't be embarassed or grossed out! Hemmoroids are completely normal, especially during pregnancy! I've had them too! And yes they are not fun.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Ouch. Have you tried hemroid cream?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Hemorrhoids are common in pregnant women. As the baby put pressure in veins and arteries blood supply can back up cause certain delicate tissues to fill with blood. I would definitely try a hemroid cream and a pregnancy belly brace to help release some the pressure.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 3:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• After my baby I had them so bad I had to bury my head into a towel and cry (sorry, tmi) but the only things that worked for me were:

1-Suppositories. They seem more gross/scary than they really are, but they cleared them up so fast!

2- Whole Grain Pop Tarts I swear by these. Stool softeners didn't work for me, neither did any laxatives, activia, or anything else they suggest. Then I tried whole grain pop tarts and it has helped so much, so have your dh pick some up for you and eat 1 every morning.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Definitely sounds like hemorrhoids. I'd buy some preparation H wipes or cream, or both. Use only topically, do not insert without consulting your doctor first. You can also try Witch Hazel, they sell it at all drug stores. It is an excellent antiseptic, it has a cooling effect and can stop the burning or stinging feeling. Be sure to was with a mild soap and keep the area as clean as possible, Soaking in Hot water (as hot as you can stand it) will also cause the hemorrhoids to shrink. (Remember not hot enough it could cause you to feel faint and make sure you are well hydrated) Hope these tips help you! And consider yourself lucky if this is the only "pain in the butt" you ever experience!
    jordansmomtp

Answer by jordansmomtp at 3:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Try putting a wet washcloth over your bum when you pee so the urine doesn't burn you. It could be hemr. or it could be a rash. I would have dr. check it out. Good luck and feel better. There is stuff to help so don't be scared you will suffer the whole pregnancy!
    Anonymous