Does your husband work out of town?

my husband just left on sunday for a week and its driving me nutts...this is the first time i have ever been away from him...i dont know what to do with myself...How do you cope?

emilysmama05

Asked by emilysmama05 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• We talk for hours every night and I keep busy with my dog and baby.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Try to keep busy and talk on the phone every night. Think about how happy you'll be to see him when he gets home.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My hubby has been deployed for 11 months now... 4 months to go! Before he joined the army, we spent all our free time together and never left eachothers side. All the sudden he's gone for 13 weeks at bootcamp/ait and now these 11 months. It's HARD but I look at it like "at least I still have our dd!!!" And he will come home eventually... i made some friends and hang out with them from morning til night so we can make time pass.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• does it get easier? i cried all day yesterday and yes we spend all out time together...I ts not hard to keep busy i have a 4 yearold and a 1 year old but my oldest is away at the beach for a week with the g-parents and its just me and my dd at home....its just at night after they are sleeping and that was me and hubby time and now i dont get that ......AGHH not to mention i dont stay in the best neighborhood...i am sorry i just needed to vent
    emilysmama05

Answer by emilysmama05 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My Hubby works out of town, but it's not that far, so he comes home every night...I'd go INSANE if I had to spend nights without him home...
    just try to keep yourself busy with the kids and the cleaning, maybe spend some time with family while he's away....
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Well my DH did work out of town for a few months, but that's normal to me, so I didn't notice so much. My own dad worked out of town for 15 years, before we moved to the state he was working in. We only saw him on the weekends. I don't know how my mom did it, but she had good friends in the neighborhood and we didn't move sooner because she was caring for her elderly grandparents who had raised her. After pap died, we moved to be with dad full time. My DH was miserable though.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• hahaha...my hubby works out of country and out of state for months at times. You just keep yourself busy, and know that this too shall pass.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My husband is gone for 1 week a month. I joke that our time apart is what really makes our marriage work. At first it was hard because I missed him. Now I use the time to do the things that I enjoy, that he doesn't-- like shopping or reading a trashy book or making tofu for dinner. The house stays clean, it's quiet, and I run my own schedule. It's a great time to hang out with girlfriends or get extra work done.

I do miss him, and we talk every day, usually 3 times a day-- he calls me to wish me good morning, we talk around lunch time to see how the other's day is going, then at night when we really talk and wish each other good night.

It helps if you make it more routine and pursue your own interests. And it also makes you appreciate each other much more.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009