i'm about 16wks and have been getting a lot of lower abdomen pain, is this normal for this point of pregnancy? why? I see my doc tomorrow but i'm just curious

Its not constant but its been pretty frequent the last couple of days. Its just this horrible cramping/tightening feeling.... I don't know if that is normal to get around 16wks or not.... I see my doc tomorrow but i was just curious if any one else on here knew or not

....and no, its not constipation.

autumnstar68

Asked by autumnstar68 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have gotton acouple of sharp pains every now and then i am 19 weeks today!!! Its normal its growing pains.. Get useto them honey.. lol sucks.. but hey its worth it. Now if they are unbarable then i sugest you go see your dr. about them..Good luck
    NewMomToBe84

Answer by NewMomToBe84 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It could be braxton hicks contractions, but it also could be round ligament pain.

I'm always having weird cramping since day 1 of my pregnancies and my doctor can't explain them all. This is my second pregnancy and I just started having braxton hicks contractions at 5 months, last pregnancy it was in the later part of the 6th month.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm 16 weeks and have cramping that comes and goes. It seems like I have them at night more. I think our bellies are starting to grow more so it feels different. Good luck with dr.
    Anonymous

• I cramped alot when i first go pg they told me that it was just my uterus stretching but it was still painful and I worry about everything so i def worried about that.
    krysdawn09

Answer by krysdawn09 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009