Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can I get my husband more involved?

with his son like go out and play ball or other father ,son things. I mean the boy needs his father he is 11yrs old . He needs to be a little more tougher.than what he is now. His sister andI don't do rough .Wer'e more on the gentle side. can someone please help me get my husband out there with his son. Thank you.very much. in advanced.


Asked by incarnita at 3:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 14 (1,386 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Have your son ask him to teach him how to play catch. It is harder to say no to a child than an adult. If your husband won't then find a male friend or family member to step in. You are right, that your son needs his father or another male role model, epecially at 11 years old.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • Too bad fathers day just passed, but you also might force a little bonding in the future by giving them 2 tickets to a ball game, or perhaps tickets to go karting or something like that. It's not the same as playing ' rough' but gives them a chance to hang out. Similarly, even as a family you can mini golf or bowl and make it girls vs. boys.

    Answer by PhillyinFrance at 10:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

  • Another thought... if there is a movie he wants to watch and its one of those boyish things, suggest your husband take him - and then I'd make a big deal out of how it's great to see your boys hanging out, and compliment your husband on giving your son much needed attention.

    Answer by PhillyinFrance at 10:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2009