Best way to cure a diaper rash?

My 1 1/2 year old has a very sore bottom. This is the first time. What is the best to use on the diaper rash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• destin over night it helps alot my daughter had it really bad and i used that and yes it works
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i use desitin... and i use a lot! straight out of the tube and then close her diaper up on it. I apply it at night (if it wasn't there during the day or barely there.... ) and by morning it's gone.
    There are a lot of other things out there as well, I never tried anything else because of how well it worked for my dd
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Borduxs Butt Paste. Yellow Tube, Walmart and I dont think I spelled Borduxs right....lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i swear by Balmex* its the best out there and its proven to reduce redness in just hours!!!
    emilysmama05

Answer by emilysmama05 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• check the ingredient list....thehigher the zinc level the better it will work.

oatmeal baths - make a sachet with some oatmeal and run it under the tap. and let it soak in. works AMAZING! for the bum and the rest of the body too.

naked time - away from a diaper.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• desitin hurts my little girls bum. we use balmex and if its really sore i put cornstartch on it, like used for cooking, it helps keep her dry and it doesnt burn, the powder seemed to burn her i think it was from the scents used in it. so thats what i do and it works for us
    Anonymous

• All i use is vaseline--works like a charm everytime.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 3:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My son gets horrible diaper rashes every time he cuts a new tooth. The only thing that has ever really worked is Triple Paste. It comes in a little tiny tube ($7.00 for an ounce or two) or a big tub at Target for ($25.00). It's expensive, but it's the ONLY thing that does much for him. My Mom told me the only thing that worked on me was to put a coating of petroleum jelly on right after a bath, but not after a dirty/wet diaper so the germs wouldn't get trapped in. That seems to help my son too.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Desitin Orginial, works best for my daugher and Ive tried a couple of different ones.
    bella021

Answer by bella021 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Balmex. That's what I use. My son can get really red sometimes. I just slather on the Balmex & cover every red inch very well. Usually by the time of the next diaper change, the redness is starting to go away & it completely goes away over night. I also like Balmex because it creates a barrier where if your boy pees or whatever, it keep the irritants off of his skin. After his ras goes away, I use baby powder with corn starch. GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know how your son is!!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009