baby spit up

my 4 month old spits up a lot! I mean a lot! My dr says its normal just as long as its not throw up, just spit up! We go through what feels like a hundred spit up rags a week! Has anyone else had the same problem?

nico409ant

Asked by nico409ant at 3:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lol, is this your first?
    Don't worry about it, sometimes it will seem like your baby spits up half his/her feeding!!
    Make sure you're burping correctly, I think that's supposed to help, or maybe a drop of Mylicon after feeding. That stuff works wonders! ;)
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yeah, it is pretty normal. Some babies are just more spitty than others because their digestive systems are immature. It will get better in time. When my DD was really spitty I would avoid burping too vigourously or quickly and keep her upright for 15-30 mins after a feed. That really helped and now she is less spitty. Also I was concerned that she had reflux so added cereal to her bottles and she has not thrown up or spit up since then
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My baby spit up all the times. at 5 months I realized i only had the nipple with one whole and you were supposed to go to 2 holes at 1 month, 3 holes at 3 months and 4 holes at 6 months. I made the holes in the 1 holed nipple a little bigger and the spit up stopped all together.
    nadris29

Answer by nadris29 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2009