Replace a laptop screen?

So, I have this theory that someone stepped or jumped or dropped my laptop, because when you open it up now and turn it on, you can see the cracks... not the screen itself, but I guess whatever is behind the screen, and it looks like it's bleeding out...
Can I replace just the screen or is the whole thing lost?

motherofanaries

Asked by motherofanaries at 3:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• it would cost close to the same $ to replace the screen as to buy a new laptop.. or approx $400-700 depending on your area.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• absolutely agree with PP. If the laptop is 2 yrs old it is antiquated technology now PLUS it will cost as much or more to fix than to buy a new,usually better laptop.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My grand daughter "hit" my computer, we have a little computer shop and he ordered then replaced the screen for about $200 ... but yes the screen can be replaced... I work on mine but have not done a screen...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 5:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Do you have a warranty with accidental coverage?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Everyone is correct in stating that having the screen replaced will cost as much as purchasing a new laptop.
    My daughter has the same problem and what she did was buy a used desktop monitor instead. She had the laptop screen removed and she bought the proper cords to hook the desktop monitor to the laptop keyboard. Of course, it restricts her to a desk now, but at least she can still use a computer.
    I wish you the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009