What's your opinion of Amish people?

I think they're pretty cool. We went through Amish country when I was a kid, a bunch of people were coming back from a wedding in their buggies.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• love them. and they are some of the nicest people ive ever met i think more people should try to be like them
    Anonymous

• I think they incredibly hard working, god fearing people who stick to their convictions no matter what. Their work ethic and craftsmanship is above reproach. I admire them the simplicity in their lives. Yes, a lot of hard work but nothing is wasted.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• nicest people you ever met...come again? i used to live next an amish community and i never met such rude people ever in my life....
    Anonymous

• They rock! Hard working, honest- and INCREDIBLE cooks!! I envy their willpower, faith and strength- living the plain life is NOT easy!
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 3:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I admire their way of life. Honest, faithful, tight knit communities. Lancaster County PA is one of the most beautiful places on earth! So funny you posted this question. My SIL just gave me an Amish Friendship Bread starter. I can't wait until it is time to bake it! So good!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I always secretly wanted to be Amish. I still am fascinated by the culture... it's pointless to romanticize it (they've got "sins" just like any other people, to be sure) but it is so interesting. Simplicity, hard work, community... it's hard not to idealize it. :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have complete and total admiration and respect for them. They are such a unique culture unto themselves,and to be able to continue with their traditions in this world, says so much for their strength of character and morality. I wish I knew more about them,but what I do know makes me admire them very much,and have the utmost respect for them.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• hardworking, God fearing people, true to what they stand for.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I admire them. I wish my ability to abide by my convictionswas as strong as theirs.
    Anonymous

• I really admire them. They are really kind, compassionate and they have very strong Christian and family values. They are hard working people and also plain people. I wish there are a lot more of people who would live in a moral and godly life like the Amish and Mennonites do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2009