HMMM.....NO LUCK!!

Okay, so Im trying to go back to work. And Ive been at it full force for the past few weeks. Im always online, i go to our local DSS to get the job flyer (they find all the places hiring in my area and put it in a flyer thats about 4 pages)....anyway..ive scored a couple interviews...but no job...its disapointing..and disheartening...i feel like a failure!! I can honestly say ive been lucky with my past jobs, I got hired on the spot...I know thats not likely to happen all the time. But im educated, I speak well (professional & accent free), have good computer skills, and a good history of Cust. Serv. My Resume looks good, i sent out thank you letters, dress to the nines for my interview. What could i be doing wrong!? ....Im getting desperate, and depressed. I honestly am not in a position to take a BS job...Daycare is tooo high!!! HELP ME!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Don't give up hope. One of those job interviews could turn into a second interview.
    I read that jobs are being extremely selective of whom they hire now because they have that luxury. They want the "perfect" candidate with experience, skills, knowledge, flexibility, and obvious commitment to the job they are applying for.
    Try to find a professional service who will work with you on your resume and interview skills. Practicing in mock interviews will help you a lot. Having a professional take a look at your resume may help you see what you may have missed before.
    I wish you all the best - I know it isn't easy! Keep your chin up. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Don't know if have thought about this route... working at home? I have 2 little ones and started a biz at home so I could be home with them. The company I work with just recently won an award with the BBB for its ethics and integrity so definately not a scam! If intetested you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to chit chat with you!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It's not you, really. It's the lousy job market.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It's difficult these days to even get part-time work....because you are fighting with HUNDREDS of other people desperate for the same job. It's just not as easy. You can try the hundreds of Direct Selling companies and do them from home (but of course you have to do parties or go out and advertise with flyers or catalogs) but those are not sure things either....who has extra money to spend on "wants" rather than "needs"?

These days at least for something from home while you still search you may want to sell old clothes and toys on Craigslist or Ebay! If daycare costs are way too much for you consider staying home with the kids AND offer an at home daycare service, if you charge reasonable rates but still less than others you may get several kids and be all set!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I am having the same problem, got laid off and had a few interviews but no call backs. I have looked at a million home based jobs and they all seem like a joke! Good Luck and keep trying.
    Anonymous

• How are you conducting your job search? Less than half of all open positions are advertised; you need to network with people in the field and industry you wish to work in. Have you had any informational interviews with people in your chosen field to learn how they found their current positions? How are you seaching for advertised positions? Do you have a great resume and do you send them with strong coverletters?
    I do career and job search coaching; please contact me if you have any questions.
    Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• http://www.cashle.com/index.php?ref=cindyk1982

Work when YOU want and how long YOU want to. This site is REAL, FREE and LEGIT! You also have the choice of getting paid everyday!

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Thats just our economy right now. Its very difficult to find jobs! Why don't you sell Avon to bring in money in the meantime while you're looking? I started selling Avon to pay a few bills a month and turned it into a career. You could too. Its only $20 to start just visit www.start.youravon.com and use reference code dhullum Good luck to you and hang in there!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I feel you,that is why I got an at home job, almost doing just about the same kind of thing.

So if I do  get laid off, cause they are playing games right now... I have something that can replace the income i made there easy.

Work At Home - Procard International

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009