Special K Diet?

Anyone tried it? Did you actually loose weight on it, or did you stay the same or did you gain?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i wouldnt waste my money on it .
    Anonymous

• I would be worried that after doing to special K diet and weight you lose would come right back and would be more then what you would lose... I have used the special k stuff for snacks or breakfast (bars are nice to eat in the car) and Ive used the water drop in on my way home from work and I eat less at dinner which helps.. I dont know if Ive really lost weight but Ive curved my appetite..

Nwaite85

Answer by Nwaite85 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm currently sort of on it. I eat a bar for breakfast, then have fruit for a snack, then the shake for lunch, then veggies or salad for a snack then a decent dinner. I've been on it for a week and have lost 3lbs. I mostly liked the idea of it because I don't always have time to make something AND eat it when I'm alone with my daughter. I hope this helps.
    Jen082809

Answer by Jen082809 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009