Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im thinking about making diaper cakes and selling them to family,friends and friends of friends and i was wondering if i would need to get a business license and all the stuff to do it from home?

Answer Question

Asked by KOLTENSMOMMY07 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • It may depend on where you are, but I think that all you need is a retail tax number. If you aren't opening a shop in your house, then I don't think you need a business license. Call your local Better Business Bureau, perhaps, and ask. You will have to put profits on your income tax (although there used to be a limit- under $600 wasn't taxed.

    Answer by Bmat at 4:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • I did not have to.

    Answer by lapcounter at 9:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.