positive opk for three days and still no thermal shift

DH and I have been ttc for several months now - this is the first month that I have tried charting my bbt. I have long cycles - ranging from 33 to 35 days sometimes longer. We got a positive opk on cd16 and no thermal shift, then again a positive opk on cd21 and it has been positive every day since. I am now on cd23. I am tired and confused, DH and I have done the BD every day since I first got fertile quality cervical fluid. I guess I am wondering if we should give up this month or keep trying?

yummymum_CT

Asked by yummymum_CT at 4:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think you actually ovulate after you get the positive opk. So, I would keep trying. They say every other day is good. It couldn't hurt. I know it is so frustrating trying to figure out the opks. I have not tried to track temps. i think I would get too confused. The more stress you put on it the harder it becomes to get pregnant. I would try to relax and BD every other day. Otherwise it starts becoming unenjoyable. I have only been trying for a few months and I'm due in a few days. I took a hpt and it was negative. i don't know if it was too soon. Or if I just have to try again next month. Good luck to you!!
    Anonymous

• http://ivospremium.ivillage.com/fertility/calendar.html go here and register it is free and helps trust me:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 6:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• thank you both. we will keep dancing ;)
    yummymum_CT

Answer by yummymum_CT at 7:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009