induction

my dr scheduled me for induction on friday night at 6 pm. for those that have been induced...
how long from when they started the process did it take for your baby to actually be born? I am between 2-3 cm and like 30% thinned. I never really thought i'd have to be induced so I haven't read much on it, so i'll be doing that, but stories are always nice to hear!

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 4:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i went in at about 6 a.m. and my son was born at 8:42 that night. i have no complaints :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I was induced withmy third.

I went in at noon, got IV meds at 3, water broken at 4 and baby was born at 8:19.

but I was also in non productive labour for 6weeks before I was induced and she was my 3rd.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i was induced with my third...went in at 7am and he was born at 3:30pm
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I was induced 5 years ago at 6am, I was stuck at 5cm for most of the day and at 9:30pm my son was born via c-section.

My baby sitter just had her first, she was induced and still had a really hard time, she was in labor for about 41 hours BEFORE finally having a c-section!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My first it took 21 hours, but I was not dilated at all, and had a very firm cervix that didnt want to budge...when I finally started to dilate though it went faster, so about 10 hours from when I started to dilate past a 2. Since you are already dilating I would say you should go pretty fast. Normal labor is about 12 hours for first time mom...and thats without already being at 3cm. Good Luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009