Rants and Raves from a SAHM

Ok so basically my day to day life consists of my picking up the same messes over and over. How many times can someone vacuum in a day? On average I vacuum 3 times a day. That's about 21 times a week. Give or take a time or to. I get tired of doing dishes and chasing boys around. Getting them of random things. My mom says ya know Morgan if you'd just wash the dishes as they're made you wouldn't have a pile of them every day. That's a pretty thought. All execpt I'm generally chasing them down and and telling them to stop argueing. I hear "mom Dill's doing this, and mom Ty's doing that". " I didn't do it Haiden did, nuh uh, I don't want to eat that" BLAH BLAH BLAH. I swear one day I'm gonna go nuts!!!! I love my kids but I NEED A BREAK..!
So anyone else having a bad day or feel like this ever?

honeychick772

Asked by honeychick772 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry you are having a bad day.
    I had to tell my boys to settle it on their own, that I didn't want to hear about their arguments. And it actually worked. If they argued, then they had to figure it out. Perhaps they are old enough to do their own dishes. If they are talking, they are certainly old enough to clean their own rooms, and maybe to help clean the house. If they are getting into stuff they shouldn't be, then make it clear what the rules are and where they can go and can't. Even if you have to lock doors.

Answer by Bmat at 4:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• over here, with my 5 kids and no school.           I NEED A BREAK.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• lol i do , my daughter is only 7 weeks but my husband is a big kid lol . he wont even unload the dishwasher he keeps reloading it with dirty ones and just washes all of them again then complains there is no silverware lol . i cant tell youhow many times i vaccum its nuts. but messes drive me up the wall and laundry gah dont even get me started lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Get yourself and the kids on a minute by minute schedule…. Make them clean up an area before going on to the next “fun” thing… a schedule is the only way you will keep your sanity and the dishes will get done too…. If you don’t have a timer…get one it helps the day move along for the kids (and you:-) PS: I vac 2 x day... AM & PM... and we don't have a dishwasher...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 4:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• OMG I am so sick of cleaning the same old mess. I do do my dishes as they come and my sink is ALWAYS full. I have to clean the kitchen to dirty it.. To clean it again. I hate it. I usually don't mind cleaning but geeze hubby.. Do them yourself.. Seriously..

I know it doesn't make you feel better. lol But your not alone. Thats for sure.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yuppers, I need a break too. Definately not alone.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Venting is SO nice!! I am with ya! Well almost, as I can't minute by minute my 5 month old ;) But who invented Kitchens? I have a few words for them, ha ha. My hubby helps A LOT and yet the house is never clean. What bugs me more is that my mom and MIL both say they did it all when we were little! As for vaccuming we have a 'flick-it' and my 3 year old uses that during the day as his vacuum, makes the floor look great and I only have to vacuum once a week.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Aah I know!!! I am not a stay at home mom but I have tuesday, thursday and sunday off most weeks and first of all I have to clean up my brother's mess when I get home from work the day before (which includes dishes, random crap laying on the floor and whatever food he made throughout the day, laundry and hair all over the bathroom), then I chase my son around trying to keep up with his mess so it doesn't get too bad. And it seems like by the time I get breakfast cleaned up, him bathed, me showered and pick up the toys he's not using it is time for lunch and I have to do it all over again! Oh and don't even get me started on vaccuuming. As soon as I out the vaccuum away I see things I missed in corners or some little peice of food my son hid in his pocket gets crumbled all over the floor.
    Feels good to vent LOL.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• LOL My Great wonderful husband comes home takes his shoes and socks off throws them in the middle of the floor. I tell him over nd over I'm not your maid if you want clean clothes put them in the dirty clothes hamper if not I can't be held Liable for them not being washed. Then what do I hear. Babe wears my socks. DId you wash my shirt? No I didn't b/c they're not where they're supposed to be damnit! Even my kids Oldest 4 yrs Youngest 16 months and a 2 yr old in between put their clothes in the hampers. For GOds sake I have for hampers. 1 in the laundry room, 1 in the bath room, 1 in our room, and one in the kids room. Why? And instead of hanging up a perfectly good towel that he's used once he drops it in the bathroom floor. As for my kids schedules don't work b/c well they just don't I try to keep things simple get up eat breakfast watch cartoons go outside lunch nap whatever snack dinner bed. No real schedule.
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It took my son 1/2 a day and my living room looks condemned. ONe kid, he's a messy , messy kid. I wouldn't be surprised if we go to sell this place, they have to rip up the carpets. I get tired of cleaning the same old messes. I feel like sending him to preschool/daycare just so he'll learn manners on how to clean up after himself! Yes being a sahm is the roughest job on the planet and a wife, is too!
    Anonymous