If DH asked you to do something on Father's Day Wkend that you didn't want to do...would you do it anyway?

Like what if he wanted to take you out of town to go stay with relatives where you have really bad allergies..and you know he's going to be in a bad mood and make you go to something you don't want to like a football game...or something you have no idea about...

would you just put on a happy face (even if you've had your outs with hubby for awhile?) and grin and bear it? Or say forget it, enjoy your wkend alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I would not go if I did not want to. I would not care what weekend it was.
    Anonymous

• I would go. I would stock up on meds for the allergies and do my best to stay in a good mood the entire time. Just like I would expect him to do for me.

Its less about the holiday and more about learning to be kind, thoughtful and generous to the person you married. If he was a new guy, you would go through all of that just to impress him, if you liked him.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would go, its his day. I'll do what ever he wants to do.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes. It's only one day, and if he'll enjoy it, then why not?
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes, and he does the same for me on Mother's Day. For allergies, just get some of the nasal block gel stuff, and some meds.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 5:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Depends on what he did for me for mothers day. If he was thoughtful, then yes I would go. If I got some cheesey flowers and a card, no.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yep, I'd go.

I got a prescription for good allergy meds a while back so I'm good there. And maybe you'd have fun at a football game, who cares if you don't know anything about it, cheer for the team!

Heck, I do some things with him that I don't really care about just to be with him when it's NOT Father's Day weekend. And he does the same for me.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes I would go and I would have a good time for him, because I love my husband and that's the sort of thing we do for each other. It sounds to me like you and your husband are not doing well by what you stated in the end. If this is a marriage you want to keep then you should go.
    taylorsmommy00

Answer by taylorsmommy00 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't go. I'd explain to my hubby it's not to hurt his feelings & you want him to have a good time. Tell him you don't want to complain the whole time. Going away for a weekend in a place you don't want to be will catch up & if you r already on the outs w/ each other it will be hard to pretend to be happy.

cinimini

Answer by cinimini at 8:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would go if I just didn't like what he wanted to do. If I had severe allergies then I probably wouldn't go but if they were minor then I would just get preventative meds
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 11:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009