Is anyone living or lived in Aberdeen,Maryland or near????

My DH may be stationed there for a year and I am really worried because for 3 years I have been living hell here in WI and I am due a month before my DH orders end and I don't want to move somewhere else as miserable as WI.I am from Michigan(Detroit)and living here in these smalltowns have been hell.I have a open mind but you need more than that to live in WI.I just want my kids to have a great life and I am afriad of how our life would be in Aberdeen,Maryland.I don't know anyone there and I been to Baltimore which is 30 minutes away,and I did NOT like it!!!!

Cieara

Asked by Cieara at 4:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Travel

• My dad lived there when he was younger.

I do know that the area he lived in was a lot of farmland. Baltimore is more of a bigger city and has a large homeless population.

Thats about all I know about it. sorry.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Thank you.
    Cieara

Answer by Cieara at 4:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Baltimore is totally different from Aberdeen. Aberdeen has the flavor of a small town. Bel Air (about 20 minutes away) has lots of housing and is more upscale. Havre de Grace (15 minutes away) has a good-sized and newer housing development. But for shopping, you'll probably head toward Baltimore (White Marsh) or Bel Air. Edgewood is another place to consider for housing. Aberdeen is pretty much central to several big cities besides Baltimore- There's Dover, Philadelphia, Lancaster. D.C. , Arlington, Harrisburg. Aberdeen is about 2 hours from the ocean, 3 hours from Ocean City, Md. Hershey Park is a reasonable drive away. Colonial Williamsburg.

Answer by Bmat at 4:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• and D.C. (Washington, D.C.) has many many places worth visiting, of course. Make the most of your time in the area. You can take the train down to DC. You can also visit New York City- there are buses and trains to there.

Answer by Bmat at 4:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Thank you so much I will this all in mind.
    Cieara

Answer by Cieara at 4:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009