tmi but gotta know

im 33 weeks or so pregnant and for the past few days when i bend over (or at least thats the most frequent time it happens, it has happened other times) i get this sharp pin prick kind of pain that i can only say feels like its my cervix? you know when you get a pap and they do that pipe cleaner thingy...lol. thats what it feels like. its really sharp and it makes me gasp adn wince. and today i have a LOT of pelvic pressure, like it feels like my bones are like being pushed apart or soemthing. anyway does anyone know what that means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure, but I just wanted to say I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that thing looks like a pipe cleaner!

It could be your cervix opening, you may want your Dr. to check you to see if it's changed at all...
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I call those pains "Shooters" and they are just another fun little pregnancy issue many of us have to deal with, it's sadly normal and not much we can do about it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• you should call your Dr. I am sure your just moving the wrong way.. possabley.. CALL your Dr. They know best.. Maybe you need an ultrasound if there is a problem. Better be safe than sorry
    NewMomToBe84

Answer by NewMomToBe84 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• A nurse told me that its from you moving wrong and sometimes the baby pushed down. the whole pressure thing thats most likely the baby's head is down!
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Im 25 wks and the babies head is already down so I understand all the pressure you feel bec I feel the same thing. I would def let the doc know all your concerns just to be on the safe side!
    krysdawn09

Answer by krysdawn09 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I had the same thing and my doctor told me it was just the baby putting pressure on my cervix. I ended up having an ultrasound just to be on the safe side but my cervix was still completely closed and thick, so she was most likely right, it was just pressure causing pain. You should definitely call your doctor and let her know what's going on and see what she says. It may be nothing, but you never know- rather be safe than sorry!
    bellamama09

Answer by bellamama09 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009