please help moms!!!!

i will be 16 w eeks tomorrow i usually feel my babys flutters once or twice a day past week or so,but i have not felt my babys flutters at all yesterday or today...is this normal? i have 2 other kids but its been 7 years since i been pregnant so i dont remember much. please comment and let me know if this is nornal i'm freaking out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Calm down! It is normal, I am 19 weeks, sometime you feel them and other days you dont. If you stress about it then you will drive yourself nuts.. You'll feel them again.. Just relax.. Plus your only 16 weeks. Your lucky you feel them..Read what to expect when expecting buy that book and it will tell you everything you need to know.
    NewMomToBe84

Answer by NewMomToBe84 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Its been almost 12 yrs since ive been prego but if you regularly felt the little one and now you dont maybe you should call the dr or go to the hospital!!!
    JULIAN01

Answer by JULIAN01 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It can be normal. Especially at only 16 weeks. Also, when you are more active, it's harder to feel the baby. So could that be the reason? Have you been more active than usual?

However- usually doctors will want you to come in if you haven't felt the baby move in 24 hours. *Just to be safe.* So you may want to give your doc a call so he/she can listen to the heart beat and make sure that all is well with the baby. It's better to be safe than sorry. Good luck, mom. Try not to stress. (I know- easier said than done, right?)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would call the Dr. or go to the hospital. If you were feeling them reg. and aren't now you should be checked. Not to worry you, plus it will put you @ ease to hear everything is ok.

bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• only felt them for a week once or twice a day when i layed down but b4 that i would only feel them every few days or so....i been a lil more active past few days to so maybe thats it i dunno i called my dr he siad its normal but i still dont feel right
    Anonymous

• At that many weeks, the flutters usually come and go. Its only into the 22 weeks and up that you start feeling them (usually) constantly enough to develop a pattern. Once you are in your 29-30th weeks then you will start needing to watch it seriously. You should be able to feel at least 10 fetal movements an hour at that time, and you should contact your doctor if you stop feeling the baby move. But at 16 weeks its going to fluctuate, so I do not think it is a cause for concern. Enjoy it while you can!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ask ur doc at ur next visit, but i believe it to be normal. the growing muscles are probably the reason why they dont feel as strong or as frequent. the movements wont become alot stronger and frequent until about a few weeks from now. congrats
    Luvli1andlil1

Answer by Luvli1andlil1 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm 16 almost 17 weeks and I don't feel the fluttering very often. I think what matters most like someone just mentioned is when you are further along and you don't feel the kicking and movement. Congratulations!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 4:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Just call your OB but it is probly normal.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009