grr, i could just kick myself for being so impatient.

Okay so i am so mad at myself for not waiting to see if there was a bigger problem with our airconditioner. But i kind of thought if i had it checked now and they found a problem it might be easier to fix it now then a big problem. Here is the deal. The airconditioner has been cooling just fine but when it reaches the hotest time of the day (in south texas) it doesn't keep it as cool inside. Like if it is set at 72, it may get up to 78 inside even though the unit is running and running and running. So i called the ac people to have them test the freon stuff incase it was leaking. Hubby had told me that it is probabl okay since the days have been so hot and it is a trailer house. But i couldn't remember if it is usually like that or no so i called and had it checked. They found nothing wrong and it was $70.00 for the call. I fell so stupid for wasing the money I could just kick myself. Have u ever done something like that ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, now you know and don't need to worry. Yeah I've done the same thing. In fact just last Thursday I didn't want to wait any longer to see what it was under my cat's chin, even though my husband said just let it go, and it turns out the cat has acne under his chin! The cure is to wipe the chin. Well now I know, and I don't need to worry, but am $50 poorer.

Answer by Bmat at 4:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I always say it is better to be safe than sorry.
    I know $70 and $50 is a lot of money in this economy, but at least you are worry-free right now.
    As far as the a/c unit goes, could there be another problem, such as age? I keep wondering when ours is going to konk out and hope it's not during the middle of summer - we just can't afford a new one this year. Do you have fans in front of your vents if they are on the floor? We put small fans in front of our floor vents and the cold air is blown right into the room. We also use those plastic curved things to put over the vents to direct the air outwards instead of straight up - that helps a lot, too. You can find them cheap at Walmart where the furnace filters are sold.

For the kitty with acne lady. I hope your kitty is doing better soon. :)

Have a great day ladies!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009