Is it common for a baby to form a sensitivity to food very quickly??

My Daughter is 9 weeks old, and i had been breastfeeding and bottle feeding formula when she suddenly started getting violently ill when id give her formula, she's also quite suddenly become ill when i eat any dairy but she was fine for 3 weeks leading up to this point, it was'nt gradual at all is it normal to form a sensitivity so fast? my list of food i CANT eat has gotten much longer then the list of things i CAN what should i do? i know im not getting all of my nutrients so how could she be??

Shonna1986

Asked by Shonna1986 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For the nutrients, make sure you take a good multi-vitamin. Even a pre-natal one.

For her list of "no-no" foods: anyone can suddenly develop an allergy to something at any point in their life. Even you and me. But I would talk to your pediatrician. Since she is so young, it is possible that something else is going on. Make sure she is fine before you go much longer.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• they have vitamins for little ones that breastfeed. ask the pedi, he can tell you. i don't remember what they're called, my ds was on them while i breastfed.

she could be allergic to dairy, or something else going on. either way i say go to the doctor so they can look at her, and see if it's not something else. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It's possible. I'd let her doctor know right away. Just to be safe.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• sounds like it could be a lactose allergy but i would just take her to the dr
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009