Has anyone used Maternity Advantage...

or something of the sort to help with the bills during your pregnancy? We just lost our health insurance, I am 31 weeks pregnant and was looking into this. Anyone have any experience with it? Were they really able to help cut the cost of the bills?

JamieLK

Asked by JamieLK at 5:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I heard it's a scam! Be careful!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• they aren't full med coverage.... they only assist you slightly with your bills.... i utilized their service almost 2 yrs ago. they paid the lab fees that would have actually been cheaper for me to pay on my own in the long run. In most states, pregnant women automatically qualify for medical assistance. I felt like I was getting ripped off... they say they give refundsm but it is nowhere the amount you actally paid. Be careful!
    Tashia07

Answer by Tashia07 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Call the business office of the hospital where you plan to deliver; they can point you towards options available in your state.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009