Post ANON but serious please!!!

Would you ever be with someone just for money reasons? I mean like I do really like the guy, he is great to me and my daughter (I'm a single mom). Its not like it would be miserable, I'm just not sure he is "the one" as many would put it. But he is wanting to get married ect. For money reasons it would be GREAT! Would that be wrong of me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• No-Never
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• yes, unless he knew exactly how you felt. If you were only in it for financial security for you and your child, you would be using him.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• BTW...I was answering your last question.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It could be like pretty woman. You can be his whore. right? I would say great for you and your kid. But you would be wasting his time as he loves you. and you never really felt the same, he could be looking for someone worthy of him that loves him as much as he loves them.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, if money was the main reason, then no I wouldn't. Bad things happen, money can disappear. I also think that there is not just that one person for everyone. Love is a choice. If he is a great guy and you can grow to love him even if the money goes away then perhaps. I
    Anonymous

• If you feel comfortable with him and would sincerely be a good wife to him, then it wouldn't be wrong of you. In parts of the world, marriages are based on economics rather than love. The love grows over time. But you should be fair to him. If he is in love and thinks he loves you, then don't break his heart (not that you would.)

Answer by Bmat at 5:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I might be with him but I wouldn't marry him.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes it would be wrong of you. You should get married for love. Lots of issues will come up in the future...do you want to have children with him? He may want children...what about when the love of your life comes along and you are married for money...so you try to unattach your kids from him and get remarried? I would rather work and provide for myself. money isn't the only important thing in this world. If you really care about him you should let him go so he can find someone who would truly love and appreciate him. If you don't love him you won't treat him with the love and respect he deserves, its just plain wrong on many levels its using someone and manipulative...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You need to tell him the truth, how you feel. Marry for money? women have been doing that for centuries. Sometimes it work and sometime it is a disaster.
    Anonymous

• You should never marry for money, imo.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009