I hope she told me right.

Okay, so i overdrew my checking account because of a check that i didn't write down in the register AT ALL. Don't ask how i missed it i don't know. And i had a couple of checks go back and fees to them and the bank fees for the checks. So now i am having a hard time recovering. Anyways i have been in contact with the places and they are both being very nice. I am going to pick up a small one today and pay for it. The larger one to the local grocery store i asked the girl if i had at least until the 26th to pick it up. And she said oh, they will just keep it here. I said ok, i just didn't want it to go to the DA Office or anything .And she said no. And i asked her if i had any problems making it in would it be okay if i just called back and made arrangements again. And she said yes. I said i just don't want to get arrersted or anything. And she still said they just keep the checks there. She sounded so young i hope she is right

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Call back and ask to speak to the manager on duty...WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING...time and date of call who you spoke to and exact words manager says...then it can be used if you are taken to court.
    Anonymous

• Your not gonna get arrested just pay for them ASAP and you will not get anymore fees added on. If you don't stick to your word then they will get pissed and it will go to collections not the cops but collections and you will not be able to write checks for like a year.
    Anonymous

• As a cashier manager I had to deal with bad checks, and usually as long as you made contact and gave them a date when you can pay them, you should be fine. Be prepared to pay the bill AND the returned check fee. Remember the company has to pay forthe D.A. until you do, so they usually will be willing to work with you. Do call again and speak with a higher manager, or better yet, go up there and talk to them in person, so you know they did something about it. Grocery clerks get busy and forget, so do managers
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009