how do you know what hes really thinking?

me and my husband got into a fight the other night, over something that shouldnt be a fight to begin with, well he was also drunk, and out of the clue blue, he started questioning my parenting skills, and then had the audasity to ask my if i love his daughter, my step-daughter!! which by the way was completly off the first augument to begin with.then he started talking about devorce, and seperation and i need to know what i want to do. WHAT!! i never had that in my head, so does that mean what i think it means? does he want to move on? but we ended up talking that night, and he claims he loves me and dont want to lose me. im so confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• As the saying goes "a drunk person speaks a sober mind". I would talk about about what he said when he is completely sober and ask that he is 100% open and honest with you.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Never talk about important things while drunk.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• never listen to a guy who is drinking, he won't even remember it later.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• What is said when drunk is just jumbled up things that flow from the mouth. Ignore it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Some say a drunk has no idea what they are saying, others say a drunk is the most honest person you'll ever find. I think you need to sit down with him, remind him of what he said, and ask him if that is how he really feels. I'd tell him that it really hurt you. My personal rule is to ask him anytime I am unsure of his thoughts, feelings, or whatever. I'm not a mind reader, and neither is he. If we don't talk about our feelings and our thoughts, we can't expect the other one to just know. Sit down and talk to him. Don't accuse him of anything, just say, "This is what you said to me the other night. Did you mean any of it or was it just beer and anger talking?"
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• He may have been drunk, but it something that may have been on his mind..... for him if he doesn't feel you love his daughter like your own.... he not see a solid future with you.... Have a sober discussion
    Anonymous