Is there any program in Michigan that offers babysitting for free?

I am trying to get a job because since I became a mom and even now that I am married I am low income. The problem is I don't see any way to get a job without someone to watch my kids. If I don't get a job we are likely to do without important things like electricity and toilet paper. I have tried contacting my case worker at DHS but she doesn't return phone calls as none of them do, not that that would help me to look for a job or anything because the last caseworker I had told me that I couldnt even apply for child care assistance until I had a job. How am I supposed to get a job when I don't have anyone to watch my kids until assistance kicks in which sometimes takes more than a month, by then I would be fired or passed up from any job opportunities. Also, I won't know if I could even afford to pay the difference since I already know the state dont cover everything. I only need to make $200 a week .....to be continued...

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• In order to keep my family on their toes. Before anyone asks, my family sucks and they WONT help at all. Even if they say they will, you can be sure they will cancel at the last minute. I'm supposed to start a job thursday, so far it look like thats not going to happen
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm not sure about the babysitting...but if you'd like to help make ends meet, check out my webpage http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You got the kid, you take care of it. Mothers should not work---their HUSBANDS should provide for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i agree anon, but we cant make it unless i work too
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009